Sunday, July 22, 2007

Obsession with Self

I live in a world filled with obsession, obsession with self.

I live in a world where every day & every thing starts with I and every day & every thing ends with me.

I live in a world which has produced many great people, whose sacrifices/ acts are unfortunately limited to books of history and whose sacrifices/ acts are unfortunately looked at as an exception rather than deeds to be followed.

I live in a world where every good action, which is not obsessed with self, is looked at as an action used to promote some hideous desire or purpose and that a good action is just meant to act as an decoy hiding some secondary purpose associated with it.

I unfortunately live in a world where I am supposed to feel me, enjoy me, pamper me ....... and think only about me because any other thing I do is supposedly not me.

2 comments:

vishy said...

nice!

dude, one thing is not clear? are you frustrated that people think you have a secret agenda when you do something good for them? or are you just writing what you've observed as a third party?
Honestly, i think this world is selfish, everyone is selfish, its all pursuit of happiness, you might make a bunch of people happy along with you but the main agenda is making yourself happy. god makes millions of people each day, each person is different, some find happiness in hurting others, some find happiness in making others happy, at the end...you know the obvious.
Thats what i believe in, can't help being a pessimist.

Mitra said...

Nice one buddy!

Well, I have to accept - I am one among those millions of selfish ppl around... but thankfully, I am not insanely selfish (atleast I think so)

Here I am -
a selfish soul with an obsession for ice creams ;)
a perverted soul once pampered with easy money
a greedy soul in search of better opportunities
a possessive soul when it comes to my wonderful friends...

I sure am SELFISH and I am happy I am so... If we aint no selfish, I believe, we wouldn't strive towards betterment and would become stagnant...

We should be selfish sometimes, all we shouldn't be is a SNOB!!!

Cheers!
Let selfishness prevail...