Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Done with GMAT!!!

I have completed my GMAT and must say, got a pretty good score.


Score: 750 [ 49(Q), 42(V) ]


The Day before the exam, contrary to all my plans, I studied a lot. By the end of the day I was tired and I also had a little headache. Anyway I was confident that I had planned & prepared excellently for the exam and that I should do well. I was expecing a minimum of 720.

All though I managed to stay on bed until 8, I didnot get a proper sleep. Got up, took a bath, went to temple, had a big breakfast( Murugan Idli is really good ). Did little shopping ( Yeah Shopping!!!) 1 Soy Milk, 1 Cold Coffee, 1 Sneaker and 2 bananas. I planned to have Soy Milk after my AWA and COld Coffee before my Verbal and Bananas incase I ever felt hungry. Just before I left home, I quickly read Hindu editorial and felt good seeing my comprehension. Feel good factor is very important.

Kept all my belongings and reached exam by 11:30( My Exam was scheduled for 1:15). As I expected, I was asked if I was ready to take exam and there I was about to write GMAT again.

AWA:- AWA was pretty simple, it generally is, and I followed a template approach, Wrote it in 20 mins, added few examples here n there in the next 5 minutes and reviewed for grammar mistakes in next 5 minutes. I followed the same routine for Issue & argument. Expecting a good score ---Touch wood.

At the end of 1 hour, I was full of energy, managed to activate all my brain cells and was ready to take on the Real stuff. drank soy milk.

Quant:-Quant was good, The difficult part with Quant is, its easy but not as easy as is given in all the materials. This can throw many people off guard. I was expecting fairly simple questions and I guess I managed to answer all my first 20 questions right. 21st question was a probability question that was just too difficult, I guessed and it and I was wrong, Got an easy 22nd question. I performed fairly well after that but due to some illogical reasons could not answer the last question even though I knew the answer. I dont know whether it effected my Quant score.

Not discounting the last question, I was happy with my performance. Drank a cold coffee [ As I read in one of my RC passages that Coffee has ingredients that will artifically activate Brain's cells ]

Verbal:-This was it, I knew all along that it was my verbal score that will decide my fate and I was fairly confident on scoring around 40. Started in a good way, got a double bolded CR in 11th question, Which is usually a indication that I was performing well. Managed my time well. I got a really really difficult RC in Question Number 32-36. In generaly I would have struggled in such an RC but I guess on G-Day, after few nervous moments, I attacked it well and answered it well.

Was confident but really really nervous after the exam. I was so cool during exam but once I was done with it, I was too nervous to answer the survey, somehow managed to complete it and before I was to see the score, I was asked if I wanted to Report scores or Cancel them. Though I thought about it for a second, good sense prevailed, I decided to report scores and finally when I saw the score, I was Enthralled. To be frank I was more relaxed than enthralled. I Finally proved to me that I could do it and I badly needed this dose of confidence before the application process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job dude!
I am particularly impressed by:
1. the fact that you remember exactly what you had done/got in ur exam.. amazing.
2. the way u interpret the flow of the exam (getting a hard/easy question) really shows the magnitude of ur preparation!

Anonymous said...

God Bless u !!