Monday, July 16, 2007

A Day to remember

Jul 9, 2007 is a Day to remember and I will surely remember it as long as I can :D

My success with a standardized test is well documented. But whats not documented is the fact that I had lot of things going for me. First of all, I was wished by so many people before I wrote the test. So many of my friends who are far far away remembered the day and wished me well. Good wishes bring a lot of energy with them. On the morning of the exam, I got to know( I should have known ) that it was the birthday of a special friend and yeah this news brought with it, its own share of Feel Good factor and then my roomies, what could I say about them, they are the best and they really did not need to do anything other than what they were doing to make me feel good. So I had many things going for me but then there were other important events that took place on the day that make it so wonderful.

My roomie, Uday who got into Gatech got his F1 Visa. Though there is little sadness that one guy with whom I have become close of late is leaving, I am ecstatic to see some one living my dream, well my old dream. Off late, my dreams have changed. So what was my dream, I dreamed of studying computer science in a Top university and there are few better ones than Gatech in the whole world!!!. Of course I keep wondering how my dreams have changed but then they do. Right now I am celebrating my dear friend Uday's entry into Gatech and I hope and I am sure he will fulfill all his dreams in the Land of Opportunities.

My other roomie, SHIP, well his real name is charan, cleared his orals. He is a marine engineer who traveled lot of places, something many people will die for. But marine engineers have this stupid promotion exams where in they have to clear exams and orals to get promoted. The only difficult thing about the orals is that it depends on the whims & fancies of some person, who only decides to pass a person if he is in a good mood. Of course all orals are like this especially when they are not monitored well. I am more happy for SHIP because he is this crazy guy who really gets emotional & worried about his future. So seeing him enjoy like the way he does without any tension was cool, really cool.

When things go well, You want them to go well and I am no exception. I hope I have many such days to remember and I am positive that I will have many such days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats to you, Uday and SHIP.