Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blast from the Past:)

Its 6 in the morning, a Monday morning:( and I am reading. I keep telling myself that its ending and that its just matter of surviving time. The 'it' I am referring to is a monster. Its amazing how sometimes seemingly simple physical structures start haunting you, they take the form of a monster and scare you to nuts. I must say that I was never scared of this monster but yeah, it was indeed a monster. The introduction of monster can wait.

I start my brand-old bike (Pulsar 150, it unfortunately looked anything like new only until it was in the showroom, dont blame me for the condition, blame the global warming, blame the pollution.... again I am deviating from the topic), pick-up my friend and vroom on the highway. One side of my brain was trying to mug-up the words that I read in the morning and the other side was telling me to maintain speed. Its indeed annoying for a guy if a girl overtakes him on a Honda activa. I am not giving any hint that someone over took me and that someone was a girl. Anyways struggling through the juggling act of my brain, I manage to reach the monster.

I managed to meet my gang, the Goa Gang (it was the name suggested by girls:):):) ). The atmosphere was pretty tense, everyone was reading, everyone was criticizing the monster and everyone was surviving time.

Coming to the identity of the monster, the monster is my engineering college and this college, encouraged by its reputation, has decided to conduct internal examinations on Monday morning. Let me not get into the details of what I & my friends think about writing an internal examination on Monday morning, every Monday morning (yes!!!). We managed to complete the exam, some managed to cheat their way and some honest fellows like me failed their way.

Later, All of us sat in the canteen and started thinking of ways of surviving time. Coming to time, our engineering days were ending and many of us with a job-offer in hand could not wait to turn pro.
When everyone came up with their own ideas of surviving time, I asked a simple question. "How are we going to survive time after our engineering? We will not even have a college to survive????"

Every one laughed at my question but I began to see that this question, albeit funny, made all of us realize that a monster also has a life and we were unfortuntely very much part of that life. When some one sees a life ending, they recollect the good things about their life and most of us managed to realize that there were pretty good things that happened in this life.

I will use this series to recollect some good things that happenned in the monsters life. I must warn before hand that I am using my memory to recollect things. My memory has the ability to fragment and these fragments with their own twisted stories is all what is present in my memory. Do comment on what you think of this adventure / misadventure of mine...:)

2 comments:

vishy said...

nostalgic. Would love to read the next blog of this series....

k.E.d.Z.m.A.d.Z said...

Hmm...Going back in time especially to the engineering days is always pleasurable. A good start. Keep them coming!