Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pasina... Marina... But no Hasinaa

I see it. Its resemblance to my past was unmistakable. Its rough edges, i thought, perfectly blended with me. It made me remember my lost bicycle 9 years ago. I was a bicycle enthu who did not properly ride a bicycle for 9 years. Now seeing a bicycle which looked like mine excited me.


My Days in Chennai were ending. I suddenly remembered that I never went to Marina Beach. I dont know if it was the crowds that put me off or that I do not follow crowd or my goa days which made sure that I was never attracted to Chennai Beaches - the fact is even though i traveled on Marina Beach road many-a-times, I never ventured into beach. Now I felt I needed to see it.


I got up by 5:30. I took my bag to carry camera, water and purse. I planned to ride to Marina Beach from my besant nagar house. I carried purse so that I could return back in an Auto in case I did not make it. And then as I cycled to Marina, I realized that I was still good on a cycle. I reached the place quite quickly, covered most of the beach, saw children n oldies enjoying themselves, surprisingly no haseenas at all and before the sun was really out, I started back. I reached our place by 7:30 after spending some good time in beach. I just felt good, felt light is the better word. I would have enjoyed more if I had company but then it wasnt meant to be.

ps: I am officially unemploed now. Got my US Visa and Will be travelling to US on Jul 17.

Cheers!

3 comments:

k.E.d.Z.m.A.d.Z said...

Congrats for the Visa! I m surprised you were searching for hasinas on Marina beach in Chennai? Whatever! That was a great thing to do, Ride to Marina. I wish I cud do that too

Dinesh said...

Hi,

I dont know who you are, but we seem to share the same nostalgic feeling about chennai. Going through your posts, reminded me of my stay at Chennai (BTW,I was in CTS too) and all the confusion around that.
And the confusion for me persists, I am yet not been able to decide if I enjoyed my time there or not. One thing is for sure, I miss the time i spent there.

Good posts !!

chaithu said...

Hey Dinesh

Well Chennai is an oblivion but then its like no other place. And yeah I will miss chennai a lot.

Thanks for complements though