Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Holy Grail

Good things happen. One such good thing was I deciding to go to tirumala. It was a decision which took long time to happen but when it happened, it was worth it.

My decision was so sudden that I didn’t get enough time to even find a partner. So I started alone on my small journey from Chennai - Tirumala. My train from Chennai to Tirupathi was fast & pleasant. I had a good sleep. My mind was pre-occupied with seeing God and to see if I truly believed in God. It was not at all ready to experience what it did. As someone who has climbed the seven hills more than once in the past, I was looking forward to climb once again. What I didn’t realize was that I was alone this time around and that this was going to be really different. I started off like a foreigner taking photos of fellow climbers.

Half-an-hour into my walk, it all changed when I saw a man climbing with the aid of sticks - He didn’t have any legs. For every step he took, his face was filled with so much happiness, so much joy that I immediately realized how ignorant I was. I never believed in Luck and I never believed in God. God, for me, was a concept using which some discipline is instilled into a Human mind on the verge of destruction. I will never know if I am right or if I am getting carried away but I will always remember the moment I saw God. I saw the God in that man's hands, his eyes and his smile. My pity for him was gone; all I had in me was joy, Joy of seeing God. I finally kept my camera in my bag because it was where it belonged. This was journey for my eyes, my heart and I was sure that I didn’t need a camera lens to capture it.

My hugely inflated body made sure that my walk was very slow. My lack of exercise meant that I had enough cramps to sit down holding my legs. But for once in my life, I enjoyed pain- Pain was liberating. It was God's way of freeing me from the sins that I have committed. I managed to meet the lord in the shrine twice and the only thing left in me was joy. On hind-sight I am glad I was alone. I would never have experienced God, the way I did, if it was in any other way.

2 comments:

padma said...

i Used to think that my borther for some reasons needs a few strenghts to his life, that is to surrender oneself to HIM and to enhance the happines in the trust and faith when we let urselves at his feet. i surrely wish that u will have more confidence with the inner strenght which will make u more strong and mature.

vishy said...

OMG, didnt expect this from you, at allllllllllllll !!!!!
nice man, happy for you, for a sec i thought i was reading paulo coelho! reading him generally bores me unless its about sex, but reading my own friend writing about god, pain, delight made me sit straight and pay full attention. lot of things happening in your life dude, so happy for you, keep rocking.